Floreal Malmedy: a cosy nest on the outskirts of the "Hautes Fagnes"
In the heart of the cultural, picturesque and historical town of Malmedy, you can find Floreal. It's a small, modest and cosy building, that beautifully combines the beautiful nature of the "Hautes Fagnes" with the facilities of the commercial center.
Floreal Malmedy welcomes you in one of the 12 rooms in hotel formula. The establishment is located on the Grand Place Albert 1 in Malmedy, only a few steps away from St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral and the famous carillon with its 35 bells from 1786. This holiday resort is the starting point for excursions by car, on foot, or by mountainbike in the "Hautes Fagnes" and Belgium's Eastern Cantons, as it's located near the Spa-Francorchamps race track, only a few kilometers from the abbey of Stavelot, the Robertville dam, Reinhardstein Castle, the Coo Waterfalls and the nature centre of Botrange.
Location and contact information
12 rooms in hotel formula
The 12 comfortable rooms feature a bathroom with shower, hairdryer and toilet, double beds, telephone, tv and internet access (WiFi).
Most rooms overlook the grand place of Malmedy.
Rooms in hotel formula
Rooms in hotel formula
- Price per person per night
|1 to 2 persons||3 persons|
|Bed & breakfast||€ 80||€ 115|
- Since 2017, this Floreal establishment is managed by a new independent manager.
- Check-in from 13:30 pm and departure before 10:00 am.
The restaurant on the Grand Place Albert 1, has a nice sunny terrace and serves diversified, refined and multicultural dishes brought by the new managment. The dishes are of high quality and the establishment, which was completely renovated in 2012, offers a modern and contemporary touch with innovative and elegant tones.
The wine/tapas bar projects an intimite atmosphere and offers a variety of French, Italian and world wines, accompanied by small appetisers or homemade tapas. An ideal place to meet friends. There is also wide selection of aperitifs and digestifs, especially rum and whisky of all brands and regions.
The restaurant is open from Thursday to Sunday from 8:30 to 10:00pm.
A hall with a capacity of up to 100 persons and a separate entrance allows you to organise events such as family parties, receptions, banquets, meetings and other group activities.
Tourist activities in the area
- Many buildings from the 18th century (the old monastry, the houses of Maraite, Villers and Vinette, the old hall of Gretedar, the monument of Apollinaire, various churches and chapels)
- The St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral and bells.
- 2 museums: the Malmundarium, which is the cultural and touristic center of Malmedy with its carnival and paper workshop, the treasures and relics of the Cathedral... and the Museum of Baugnez, which immortalizes the memory of the Battle of the Bulge.
- A swimming pool with an adjacent volleyball field, pétanque pitches, mini golf, bike park, playground in the park "des Tanneries", bowling, Sniper Zone (Paintball), ....all ensure a memorable stay.
- The castle is located in the heart of the Hautes Fagnes, at 800m from the Robertville dam and on top of a rock overlooking the river Warche.
- A 62 acres lake where you can practice all sorts of water activities such as (fishing, canoeing or kayaking,...), but tennis, mini golf and cycling are also possible.
Abbey of Stavelot
Three museums welcome visitors:
- The Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy
- The Museum of the Spa-Francorchamps race track
- The Museum of Guillaume Apollinaire
Spa-Francorchamps race track
- The race track forms a triangle between Francorchamps, Malmedy and Stavelot
- This amusement park is a paradise for the youngest among us.
- Numerous walks from Malmedy allow you to discover the region (thematic walks such as "foxgloves", "narcissi", "lilies", "violets", flower route, guided walking tours)